I believe that the tn5250.py file was replaced by the py5250.py file --
but I could be wrong, I'm not a python guy.

The python bindings (which, AFIAK were never finished) are only in the CVS
HEAD branch -- they are not in the "stable" 0.16.x versions, and therefore
will not be in your FreeBSD ports tree.

Unfortunately, the programmer who was doing the python bindings
"disappeared" about 2 years ago :)   If you'd like to finish the work he
started, you'd be welcome to...