> First, congratulations on your work... I think a one floppy distro with
> tn5250 will be a great thing... I tried before but with no success at
> all.
> Maybe you should do a mini howto to help others like me !!! :-)

Thanks. If a howto is useful for some people, I'll try to write it. But first
it has to work perfectly and I still have that F21-24 problem :(
Scott Klement's PicoBSD solution may be a better solution...

> About your keymap, i had the same problem but i solved it out (it was a
> bit hard)... 1st, make sure you dont have diplicate references in the
> file for the same key... That will confuse the keymap alot!
> 2nd.. See (my :-) )the  portuguese keymap (qwerty) James Rich Included
> on the software's PDF... There you will see references on F21 to F24.

Thanks for the piece of advice. I took the us5250.map file included in the
tn5250 pack for the tests, so I don't think there is a reference twice. I had
to apply the folowing changes to make it work under Mandrake:
#keycode   1 = Escape           Escape
keycode   1 = Control_a           Escape        #ESC as "attention"
#keycode  29 = Control
keycode  29 = Control_r                         #Right control as Reset
#keycode  78 = KP_Add
keycode  78 = Control_x                         #KP_Add as FieldExit
#string F21 = "\033[35~"
#string F22 = "\033[36~"
#string F23 = "\033[37~"
#string F24 = "\033[38~"
string F21 = "\033("                                    #Fonction Keys
string F22 = "\033)"
string F23 = "\033_"
string F24 = "\033+"
The first changes are OK on Trinux but the F21-24 keys are still unusable...

Cheers,

Mathieu