Well, Hmmm... I'm afraid this is one of those things that has to be done in
the XTerm resource file. Actually the font selections in the xterm resource
file just point to font aliases.

See for example
http://www.uwsg.iu.edu/edcert/session3/x11/font.html for general info on
administering fonts and
http://www.uwsg.iu.edu/edcert/session3/x11/xterm.html for a brief
description of fonts in xterm.

The font link above says the following:
---
Font Aliases
Because the font names are so long, an alias mechanism for shortening font
names is used. The file  fonts.alias in each font subdirectory contains the
mapping between the font alias and the long font name. For example, a common
fixed width font used in xterms is 10x20. 10x20 is the alias name. The file
/usr/lib/X11/fonts/misc/fonts.alias shows the mapping:
10x20   "-misc-fixed-medium-r-normal--20-200-75-75-c-100-iso8859-1"
---
10x20 is of course the 'Huge' font in a normal xterm setup.
Set up your own font directory, define your aliases in a fonts.alias file,
substitute your aliases in the XTerm resource file (or just keep them but
roll your own versions in the fonts.alias and then make X find yours first
by the next point), prepend the directory to your fontpath in the xt5250
script (xset +fp 'myfontpath') and you're ready to roll.

http://rtfm.etla.org/xterm/ctlseq.html gives a comprehensive set of escape
codes. Simple font switch only restricted to the set of fonts in the xterm
resource font set alas, but window resizing, mouse events and advanced color
set switching (for fonts look for 'OSC' in above and then 50)

/erikz

Il gio, 2002-10-24 alle 21:09, Scott Klement ha scritto:

> Hmmm... This would be a really nice feature to add.
>
> Currently, we send an ascape sequence to the XTerm to change the font.
If
> you know what the escape sequence needs to be to use the freetype fonts
> instead of the original fonts, I could add that feature to the
emulator...

> I've searched the internet looking for it, but so far haven't found
> anything. :(

I had the same results :-/

> On 24 Oct 2002, Lapo Calamandrei wrote:
>
> > Is there any way to use xt5250 with xterm antialiased fonts (e.g.
xterm