> > 1.  When I start a session (by typing "tn5250 myAS400") it only occupies
> > small portion of the screen.  My monitor is set to 1024 x 768 and the
> > session seems to be defaulting to 640 x 480.  How do I make it use the
> > entire screen?
>
> I assume you're running it in X11?   In that case, you don't want to run
> it as "tn5250", but rather as "xt5250".
>
> If you're running it in "console mode" (plain text VGA) then it should
> already take up the entire screen!
>
> To make it larger in xt5250, tell the emulator to use a larger font by
> setting font_80 and font_132 keywords to the font you want to use.  This
> was just discussed on this mailing list this week -- check the archives
> http://archive.midrange.com

James' suggestion about holding down the control key and right clicking
worked just fine for me.  (Thanks James!)

> > 2.  I would really like to re-map some of the keys, for instance I like
my
> > "Enter" key to be Field Exit and I like my "Backspace" key to be the
same as
> > Cursor Left.  I've tried modifying the us5250.map file but the changes
don't
> > have any effect.  How do I change the keyboard mapping to suit my fickle
> > tastes?

* snip Scott's very enlightening reply about the complexities of keyboard
mapping *

Ah, I see that once again my rose-colored glasses have found their way onto
my face.  I am very new to the Linux world and have never used any of the
other *nixes so I'm completely ignorant of them.  My experience with Linux
has only been to set up and configure web stuff (Apache, Resin, Java
environments, etc.) so I was making a number of assumptions as to how things
were working.

Thanks for the information Scott, it will allow me to use tn5250 at work and
you also saved me from spending a lot of time on something that wouldn't
have been very beneficial.

I'd also like to say thanks to you and James Rich and Carey Evans and
Michael Madore and everyone else who has dedicated time and energy to this
project.