On Wed, 13 Mar 2002, Frank Richter wrote:

> Function scs2pdf_ahpp in scs2pdf.c doesn't handle positioning right,
> if *curpos is lower then position. Wenn you make a report with
> HIGHLIGHT attribute, AHPP is used to position the cursor back to the
> start of this field and overprint a second time, to get a bold output.

Hmm... I thought that if the current position is greater than the position
given by AHPP (that is what the patch says, contradicting what you say
above) that the printer should go to the next line and move over to the
position indicated.  I'll reread that documentation.

I'll think about how to get bold output.  It really shouldn't be too hard.
If the behaviour you describe is what is supposed to happen then maybe we
can know which characters are supposed to be in bold.  The only trouble is
if we get the bold attribute (meaning AHPP go back and retype) after the
characters that are supposed to be bold and we have already flushed the
buffer we might be in a tricky spot.

If AHPP is less than the current position and we are supposed to retype
the characters for a bold effect, that does mean that the characters
received after AHPP are the same as the characters received just before
it?

> I found no easy way, to switch to and back from a bold font, but
> the following patch should at least print the second string in the right
> place:

Okay, I'll review the docs and see if they agree.  With this patch do your
printouts look right?

James Rich
james@eaerich.com