Hi all.

I wrote scs2ps by making a copy of scs2ascii, and making appropriate changes.

Just so everyone knows, It has no more functionality than scs2ascii.  It
drops all special formatting.  My plan was to enhance it further, but at
the time, no one seemed to know where any docs were for the SCS format and
I didn't have much luck finding anything useful on the net.

It's been good for printing source code listings to postscript printers.

>If you look a little closer at scs2ps, I see a line in scs2ps_ahpp()
>that looks like this:
>       ccp = fgetc(stdin);
>
>It appears to me that it's setting the next horizontal character position
>directly by reading it from the file.  (Which is very different from the
>way scs2ascii deals with it, scs2ascii inserts spaces)
Postscript printers expect a 'moveto' operation to set the current point,
followed by a 'show' operation to print text.  Since spaces don't need to
be 'shown' (after all they don't cause any ink to be placed on the page),
they are bypassed.  A smarter driver could be more efficient by tracking an
entire string and outputting it just once per line, but I found it easier
to keep the logic of scs2ascii, which works a character at a time.

Regards,
Rich