On Tue, 12 Mar 2002, Scott Klement wrote:

> On Mon, 11 Mar 2002, James Rich wrote:
>
> > I posted a patch that fixes the page size problem.  The page size should
> > now always be correct.  If it isn't let me know.
>
> I found something strange -- I'll send you the SCS file, so you can
> reproduce it...

Okay, that should be fixed now.  The scs file you sent doesn't have the
spps code in it;  it never sets the page size.  scs2pdf had a default page
size that worked for the old code but not the new stuff.  So fixing the
default helped.  Then I noticed that the page size was being computed
wrong because we used ints instead of floats.  That's all working now,
tested with the scs file you sent me.

> Wow...  you're ambitious.  While you're at it, take a look at the
> lp5250d-win.c file in the win32/ directory.   It implements scs2ascii
> as a state machine because I found that the performance of using the
> pipe in Windows was horrendous.

I don't know a thing about Windows, but I'll look anyway.

> What we should do is come up with a general set of routines that we can
> "attach" depending on the desired driver.   Sort of the way the different
> stream objects work.  They could be used to create scs2ascii, scs2ps and
> scs2pdf -- but also to attach directly into lp5250d under Windows.
> Do you follow me?

Right, this is what I'm thinking, too.  Almost like event-driven
programming?  Create callbacks, etc., or is that not what you mean?

This latest diff is available at the usual place:

http://www.eaerich.com/tn5250.diff

James Rich
james@eaerich.com