Since the gnome/gtk stuff isn't finished, you have to get it from CVS.

First, get & install version 0.17.x from CVS:

1) Set the CVSROOT environment variable to:
    :pserver:anonymous@cvs.tn5250.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/tn5250

2) If you haven't done so for the user-id/machine you're on, log in
    by typing:  cvs login
    When it asks for the password for 'anonymous', just hit enter.

3) Now check out tn5250:
    cvs checkout tn5250

4) You need to have already installed glib (or glib-devel if installing
     from an RPM) as well as automake, autoconf and libtool.

5) Build tn5250:
      cd tn5250
      ./autogen.sh
      ./configure
      make
      su   (become root)
      make install

6) Now you can do the gnome/gtk part.  This requires gtk-1.2.x or higher
      (devel versions for RPMs) and optionally gnome.

      cvs checkout gnome-5250
      cd gnome-5250
      ./autogen.sh
      ./configure    (or ./configure --disable-gnome)
      make
      su  (become root)
      make install

7)  You should now be able to try it out.  Either run gtk-5250 or
        gnome-5250.

Bear in mind that not all features work.  It hasn't been finished. :)
Keyboard mapping is currently hardcoded.  Fonts can only be set using
the font_80 & font_132 keywords.  Most of the menu buttons you can
click don't work.  You can't cut/paste yet.