Hi Chris,

Its a good idea to send your messages to the linux5250 mailing list, so
that others can benefit from the answers to your questions, and also
because there are a lot of things that I don't know. :)

So, I'm sending a CC: of this message to the list.

On Fri, 18 Aug 2000, Chris Whisonant wrote:

> Scott,
>
> Thank you so much for your reply.  I have changed the xt5250 script to run
>with
> a size 20 font.  I have two other questions you may be able to address.  First
> of all, I need several connections (at least two and to different systems; one
> is a help desk system).  Regarding this, can I set a Host address in the
> configuration file?

Yes, you can.  You can have multiple displays connected to the same AS/400
as well, if you like.

Just make your configuration file look something like this:

conn1 {
     env.DEVNAME = dsp01
     host = as400-1.mydomain.com
}

conn2 {
     env.DEVNAME = dsp02
     host = as400-2.mydomain.com
}

conn3 {
     env.DEVNAME = dsp01
     host = as400-x.yourdomain.com
}

(Items in the config file _are_ case sensitive)
env.DEVNAME = name of device on the AS/400 (if you don't set this,
          it'll use QPADEVxxxx)
host = machine to connect to.

then type:
xt5250 conn1 &
xt5250 conn2 &
xt5250 conn3 &

to connect to all 3 systems/displays.  You could also create
icons/launchers/buttons/etc that start your xt5250 script, but as that
varies depending on your window manager, I can't give you specifics.

(This assumes, of course, that all of your AS/400's are reachable from
the same machine using TCP/IP, and that the AS/400's are properly
configured for it...)

>  Also, what would you recommend the best way to open
> multiple connections?  Like I said, I'm new to Linux, but I do have it up and
> running and it's great.
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated,
> Chris Whisonant

not sure what you mean by "best way to open multiple connections"  but
maybe the info I gave above already answers your question?