  • Subject: Re: Working lp5250d last week, now refuses
  • From: "Mike" <mcravens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 15:45:29 -0500

Wow that's great stuff to know as one plans and charts their way forward
with this program.    However I seem for the moment to have answered my own
situation by checking the ENV I saw no path inclusion of   /usr/local/bin,
so I edited the  /root/.bash_profile added the /usr/local/bin to the path,
and my problem was resolved.

Hard to believe but it would seem that the path statement was there last
week but was lost this week...I know, can't happen theoretically.

Thanks for the prompt reply, now if you only had some answers on the subject
of Unix to Linux printing as well, we're sharing two hosts, and AS400 and an
HP9000.  The lp5250 took time and wasn't really 'easy', but it's  snap
compared to trying to get big brother HP to print to cousin Linux.

Thanks AGain

Mike