  • Subject: Re: FER (Was: Bug busting session next week.)
  • From: "Brian E. Seppanen" <bseppanen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 15:32:54 -0400

I have a couple of questions regarding the FER indicator.  Yesterday we had
several instances where we had someone putting in admission information via
5250 (tn5250-15.7) when they would put in a phone number they hit tab to get
to the next portion of the screen to put in additional information.  After
entering the phone number they got the X and FER, it wouldn't go any
further, they assumed the session was dead and well I guess I did too.    Am
I to understand that at that point they need to hit field exit to advance?

Also with 0.14.1 Field Exit seems to leave some characters around.  We had a
number in one field, for example 514989, and after hitting field exit they
were left with 0000009.

Is there an easily referenced place where I can find out what the various
indicators on the bottom such as system,MW,FER and all the rest are
explained?

Thanks again,

Brian Seppanen
bseppanen@bellmemorial.org