>I can't find any reference to IBM840.  Poland is supposed to use
>CCSID 870, according to the AS/400 National Language Reference.

Right, 840 is just Jason's typo ;)

>tn5250 doesn't support iso-8859-2 anyway.

I dont know the code, but it supports iso-8859-2 for me! I just defined default
font for xterm ( -fn option) as an iso-8859-2 font and it works.

> If there is no clean solution, I'll just provide the extra translation map
> "pl-iso-8859-2" for the interim.

>Would anyone be affected if it just replaced the existing IBM870 table?

There is no iso-8859-2 to IBM870 table in the transmaps.h. The table I supplied
is a hacked iso-8859-1 to IBM037 table, I just changed mappings for "Polish"
characters. You can probably generate a better mapping using recode.

Marek Bajon

application/ms-tnef