  • Subject: Re: FW: Re: 5250 Data Stream Operation Codes
  • From: Phil Gregory <pgregory@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 09:02:08 -0500

On Tue, Dec 14, 1999 at 11:29:12AM -0500, Jason M. Felice wrote:
> If I go into strpdm and take an option 3, the format table and the display
> don't seem to be properly aligned, meaning that I have to enter data one
> character to the right of where it should be entered.  Is anyone still having
> this problem?  If so, can you post some information on your system
> (what distribution, version of libc, version of curses, output of
> "ldd `which tn5250`", version of autoconf and automake if you got sources
> from CVS, and the version of the emulator).

I had this problem previously.  It went away when I did some cleaning and
wiped out every trace of previous versions before recompiling.

I'd had both self-compiled versions installed and the debian packages at
various points, so I deleted every file I could find (I don't think there
was a uninstall option to make at that point) and reinstalled from
scratch, including the whole bit with adding the termcap and terminfo
items.  I don't know which of those fixed it, but the problem did go
away.