Bill,

Thank you for your reply.

I added the two OVRPRTFs to my CL and it still did not capture the output.

In the joblog [also from before I added the OVRPRTFs], I see this:

Message . . . . : File QPRINT created in library QTEMP.
10/07/24 15:18:14.248372 QDDCPFM QSYS 005B QC2SYS Q
To module . . . . . . . . . : QC2SYS
To procedure . . . . . . . : system
Statement . . . . . . . . . : 13
Thread . . . . : 00000030
Message . . . . : Member QPRINT added to file QPRINT in QTEMP.
10/07/24 15:18:14.480704 QDBCLRPF QSYS 0562 QDBOPEN Q
To module . . . . . . . . . : QDBOPEN
To procedure . . . . . . . : QDBOPEN
Statement . . . . . . . . . : 16661
Thread . . . . : 00000030
Message . . . . : Member QPRINT already in use.
Cause . . . . . : Member QPRINT file QPRINT in library QTEMP is already

opened or allocated. Recovery . . . : Try the request again when
member
QPRINT and all logical members based on member QPRINT are available.

I am thinking that this is my problem, that the output is going to
QTEMP/QPRINT and when the job completes, the spool file disappears since
it's in QTEMP.

What is strange is that this Java program was copied from an existing one
and modified. The existing one runs every night and its System.out.print
output is kept in the spool files associated with that job. I am thinking
maybe I inadvertently removed an IMPORT statement in the copied program
that save the output and sends it to QTEMP, but I do not see anything in
the original program that is doing that. Also, the joblog entries above
are not present in the existing job that runs every night.

Thank you for your help.

Doug

"CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail transmission (and/or the attachments accompanying it) contain confidential information belonging to the sender. The information is intended only for the use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of the information is strictly prohibited. Any unauthorized interception of this transmission is illegal under the law. If you have received this transmission in error, please promptly notify the sender by reply e-mail, and then destroy all copies of the transmission."