On 10/19/2018 12:36 PM, Justin Taylor wrote:
Google gave this link:
https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/ssw_ibm_i_71/cl/crtjvapgm.htm
My 7.3 system doesn't have that command.

CRTJVAPGM wasn't a compiler ... it took compiled Java bytecode (class files & jar's with class files) and optimized them to run on the i (by translating the bytecode into native code and attaching it, in a hidden way, to the files. Now that translation is done on the fly (I think).

CRTJVAPGM was removed in 7.2 as it was deemed to no longer be needed.

david

This thread ...