On 11/21/2017 9:30 AM, Tom Deskevich wrote:
The content assist for JAVA will not work for me. IBM told me to create a java project, then specify the class path.

That's right.
Unlike an RPG program, Java needs a pretty special set-up in order to
have all the Java editing work. In particular, there needs to be a very
specific directory hierarchy. All that jazz can be created manually,
but it's a pain to do it that way and get it right. Creating a Java
project does all that work for you. The Java perspective is where I
spend my time when working with Java. Get comfortable with right
clicking to add a new class, new method, etc. It's made my life much
easier than when I tried doing all that manually.

Does anyone know where to setup the class path for a JAVA project using the rational developer for the i?
I thought it would be insanely obvious when I googled the same question. But cannot find any information on this.

RDi is based on Eclipse. When I search for Java development information
I need for RDi, I always search for Eclipse, and haven't come up short yet.

I'm not sure what your situation is; are you using someone else's JAR
file in your project? For example, say I want to use Google Guava in
one of my Java apps. I have an ancient version in
c:\buck\java\guava-17.0.jar

I right click my project, Build path > Configure build path > Add
External Jar, and point to my Guava JAR file. After it churns a bit, I
can go to the Package Explorer view > Referenced Libraries and see Guava
there.

When I start typing 'import com.google.co' RDi starts suggesting
classes. As I start using Guava, RDi is able to do the content assist
because it knows how to find all of the pieces/parts of Guava.

Joiner joiner = Joiner.on("; ").skipNulls();
String joinedstr = joiner.join("Harry", null, "Ron", "Hermione");

Hope that was useful.