From: JAVA400-L [mailto:java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Buck Calabro
Sent: Thursday, June 15, 2017 3:16 PM
To: java400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Error running java program from a CL using QSHELL

On 6/15/2017 2:42 PM, John Allen wrote:

I am running this in my CL program
STRQSH CMD(&CMD)

Using debug the value of &CMD is

java -chkpath *IGNORE -classpath

/QIBM/ProdData/OS400/jt400/lib/jt400Native.jar:/drv/java/:/drv/java/co
mmons-cli-1.1.jar:

/drv/java/PDFOne.jar:/drv/java/sfapdfenc.jar:/drv/java/sfapdfeni.jar:/
drv/sfxpdfen.class sfxpdfen -inputfile '/DRV/TEST.PDF'
-outputfile '/DRV/test-OWNER.pdf'

I look in the IFS directory /DRV/JAVA and it contains SFAPdfOne.jar

OK so far, but does SFAPdfOne.jar contain the class you're looking
for?
There are some other files in CLASSPATH that you don't mention:
/drv/java/PDFOne.jar
/drv/java/sfapdfenc.jar
/drv/java/sfapdfeni.jar
/drv/sfxpdfen.class

Are these present in /drv and /drv/java on the 'working' system?

You can look and see what classes are inside the JAR file with jar tf
SFAPdfOne.jar

I also heard that once I set my classpath then that is the one that
continues to be used (ignoring any new classpaths) Is that true?
When Java starts in a given job, the CLASSPATH is read and set for the
duration of that job. This is why I always SBMJOB my Java work rather
than run it interactively.

--
--buck

Try wiki.midrange.com!

--
This is the Java Programming on and around the IBM i (JAVA400-L)