From: JAVA400-L [mailto:java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Buck Calabro
Sent: Thursday, June 15, 2017 2:33 PM
To: java400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Error running java program from a CL using QSHELL

On 6/15/2017 2:19 PM, John Allen wrote:
When I try to execute the CL on the 2nd machine I get the error
shown
below:

Attachments (like images) are stripped out by the list software :-(

1. Does this error say it can't find com.gnostice.pdfone

Yes.

2. I am not 100% sure which (if any) java directories/jars
need
to be in the classpath or does the IBM I take care of the java
classes
for me?
There are these two values in all of our CLASSPATHS:
/QIBM/ProdData/OS400/jt400/lib/jt400Native.jar: /QIBM/Prodata/JAVA
(I
believe because all of our java programs were created by copying an
existing one)

CLASSPATH is quite a lot like a library list. You need to set it up
for the specifics of your environment.

The first text line of the error does not look right (the
pdfone.PDFOne part) or is that just the way that java formats its
messages?:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com.gnostice.pdfone.PDFOne
It's not a formatting thing. The class that your Java app is looking
for is called PDFOne, and it's in the package com.gnostice.pdfone.
You need to:
1) Find that package on the working system. Use the CLASSPATH to find
it.
2) SAV that package from the working system
3) RST that package to the un-working system
4) Make sure the CLASSPATH is set so that Java can find the package

The CLASSPATH might be best set in the CLP if this is the only job on
the system using PDFOne. If you have very many jobs, you might want
to set the *SYSTEM CLASSPATH. WRKENVVAR (F4).

--
--buck

Try wiki.midrange.com!

--
This is the Java Programming on and around the IBM i (JAVA400-L)