I would like to thank everyone that replied to this thread - we now have
the process working.
As I suspected the problem was really simple but it wasn't until I got
standard logging working that we were able to track the problem down.
Also did not help that the initial connection to the gateway, while
requiring all authentication strings to be passed did not actually
authenticate the values passed and it was not until we actually tried to
use a method to retrieve something the authentication would fail.
Ok the stupid mistake was I had the public key and the private key swapped
around - but getting a core dump because I was trying to access an object
that did not exist was all the initial information available.
So for the archives the following enabled me to get the necessary logs to
find the error.
I set up an initial program that sets the environment;
ADDENVVAR ENVVAR(QIBM_USE_DESCRIPTOR_STDIO) VALUE('Y')
ADDENVVAR ENVVAR(QIBM_RPG_JAVA_EXCP_TRACE) VALUE('Y')
ADDENVVAR ENVVAR(QIBM_RPG_JAVA_PROPERTIES) +
The source for CHECKSTDIO can be found at the following link;
The error log clearly showed the java exception - here is a sample;
Exception in thread "main"
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.