Hi John,

I've seen your thread but haven't followed it closely. I'm about to be out the door, but this may be of some help:

I still cannot get the standard output to go to a physical file using the OVRDBF file, I did OVRDBF STDERR...

If you actually need a physical file, you'd have to create the file, then use property arguments sent with the JAVA/RUNJAVA command. Same for IFS file, but I don't think you'd have to create it first. If you're really just looking to view standard output, err, and so on, use *PRINT for the JAVA/RUNJAVA OUTPUT parameter. It will go to QPRINT, just like a batch job.

Is there a way to find exactly what sequence the classes are loaded in by class loader?

Use *VERBOSE for the JAVA/RUNJAVA OPTION parameter.

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/iseries/v5r2/ic2924/index.htm?info/cl/runjva.htm

Is there a way to force my classes to be loaded and used rather than any others the class loader may find?

Not easily. You'd have to have your own class loader, and the system one may still get invoked first. As I said, I haven't followed your thread closely, but it appears to be some sort of classpath issue.

HTH,

Joe Sam

Joe Sam Shirah - www.conceptgo.com (904) 302-6870
conceptGO - Consulting/Development/Outsourcing
Java Filter Forum: www.ibm.com/developerworks/java
Just the JDBC FAQs: www.jguru.com/faq/JDBC
Going International? www.jguru.com/faq/I18N
Que Java400? www.jguru.com/faq/Java400