Dan,

Thanks for your reply. Just wanted to add this bit of info:
We have other java programs that are still running fine.

Displaying /qibm/userdata/java400
Opt Object link Type Attribute Text
ext DIR

AdoptAuthority DIR

Nothing else, no files at all, I can't seem to find
SystemDefault.properties file anywhere , is it OK to not
have one?
Can I create a file SystemDefault.properties
and add
java.home=/QIBM/ProdData/Java400/jdk14/
java.version=1.4
to it?

I checked /home and it is empty

So I displayed /qibm/Prodata/java400 and I see:
Object link Type
ext DIR
fonts DIR
jdk13 DIR
jdk14 DIR
jdk15 DIR
jt400ntv.jar STMF
Hello.class STMF
Hello.java STMF
MRI2924 DIR
NAWTtest.class STMF
NAWTtest.java STMF
PropDump.class STMF
PropDump.java STMF
QDefineClassCache.jar STMF
SystemDefaultCacheExample.properties STMF

Does this look OK? Still no SystemDefault.properties file
anywhere

I put the program in debug and just before it executes the
RUNJVA command I ran RUNJAVA *VERSION
And get Version JVM V5R3M0 JDK 1.4.2.

The error is caused by the following program execution using
RUNJVA:
RUNJVA CLASS('xxapdfen') PARM(&infileflg &FullPathIn)
CLASSPATH(&CLASSPATH) CHKPATH(*IGNORE)

Where &classpath=
/dapp/java/xxapdfenc.jar:/dapp/java:/dapp/java/xxapdfeni.jar
:

The jar files are where they have always been.

Any other ideas for me?

I am going to uninstall the PTF that was used to install
java 1.5 this weekend and see if that returns us back to
working.