From: java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Derek Chow
Sent: Wednesday, June 10, 2009 2:19 PM
To: java400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: iseriespgmcall.rar resource adaptor on WAS on Linux

We have an application running on Websphere Application Server (WAS) on
Linux. We used the iseriespgmcall.rar to set up a program call resource
adaptor on WAS for PGM calls (JNDI/j2C configuration). The application
uses this method to connect to the iSeries server and execute service
program functions.

When the application ran, an exception occurred: Exception stack trace:
com.ibm.websphere.naming.CannotInstantiateObjectException: Exception
occurred while the JNDI NamingManager was processing a
javax.naming.Reference object. [Root exception is
java.lang.ClassCastException:
com.ibm.connector2.iseries.pgmcall.ISeriesPgmCallManagedConnectionFactor
y incompatible with javax.resource.spi.ManagedConnectionFactory]

Is the program call resource adaptor supported on WAS running on Linux?
Is it a versioning/compatibility issue of the iseriespgmcall.rar file?
How can we correct the problem? Please advise, and thanks in advance for
all the input!

Server and environment information is below:
WebSphere Platform 6.1 [BASE 6.1.0.0 b0620.14] Host Operating System is
Linux, version 2.6.16.21-0.8-default Java version = J2RE 1.5.0 IBM J9
2.3 Linux amd64-64 j9vmxa6423-20060504 (JIT enabled) J9VM -
20060501_06428_LHdSMr JIT - 20060428_1800_r8
GC - 20060501_AA, Java Compiler = j9jit23, Java VM name = IBM J9 VM

Derek
--
This is the Java Programming on and around the iSeries / AS400