James Perkins skrev:
Well Thorbjørn, you are a pretty smart guy and I've seen you run an AWT
program on the i through X11. So, I wonder can you make VisualVM work that
way? It probably uses the Swing libraries which might not work, but if it's
possible it would be a great tool to use.

Thanks for the compliment :-) The basic problem here is that jconsole is not available with the classic JVM on the i and for V5R3 only Java 5 is available, so I need to be able to connect remotely.

VisualVM requires at least Java 1.6.07 from Sun and I have no idea if it is available from IBM yet (it might easily be a Sun-only thing).

I cannot find a single mentioning of JMX in the V5R3 JDK documentation which is a bad sign - sigh.

If you haven't used Virtual VM (https://visualvm.dev.java.net/) it's pretty
cool. I just found out about it thanks to the Java Posse.
It is extremely cool - but for now I am afraid I'll have to look enviously at what is available "elsewhere" :) I have just fallen in love with the "you can attach to a JVM at any point" which is available with Windows (and probably Linux and Solaris too).