Folks:

Does anyone know if there is a way, using JT400, to determine if the value of a String will result in double byte data once stored in a DB2/400 database column (assuming an appropriate CCSID, like 5026)?

I've got a situation where I could be handed variable length unicode data in a String variable ... and I need to store the value in a fixed length DB2 database field. Problem is, I need to trim the data to the appropriate length before setting the value in the sql statement so it doesn't overflow the field.

Thanks!

david

This thread ...