To: "Java Programming on and around the iSeries / AS400"
<java400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, June 10, 2008 2:12 PM
Subject: Re: java.net.SocketException: The protocol required tosupport
thespecified address family is not available at this time.

Toolbox AFAIK. JOCLPoolingDriver sez:
<string value="jdbc:as400://MYMACHINE/MYDATABASE"/>

--
Dick Balaska

On 6/10/2008 1:58 PM also sprach Joe Sam Shirah :
Hi Dick,

The database is "not ready",

Interesting. Are you using the Toolbox or native JDBC driver? Just
trying to relate to something to do with TCP/IP.

Joe Sam

Joe Sam Shirah - http://www.conceptgo.com
conceptGO - Consulting/Development/Outsourcing
Java Filter Forum: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/java/
Just the JDBC FAQs: http://www.jguru.com/faq/JDBC
Going International? http://www.jguru.com/faq/I18N
Que Java400? http://www.jguru.com/faq/Java400