Scott's HTTPAPI or Aaron' RPG-XML would probably do what you want.

On Fri, Mar 7, 2008 at 8:51 AM, Ashish Kulkarni
<kulkarni_ash1312@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi
So it actually works pretty well, calling Java from
RPG,
My requirement is to call a web service, from AS400
application,
So i was trying to find, if i can call web service
directly from RPGLE program, or call a java program
from RPGLE which in turn would call the web service.
Any hints or ideas about it

Ashish

http://publibfp.boulder.ibm.com/pubs/html/as400/v5r1/ic2929/books/c0925073.pdf

> > > Just search for the term java.
> > >
> > As a curious byseer, is there any who have worked
> with this who can say
> > how well it works in terms of speed,
> maintainability (how fragile is
> > this?) and general usefulness?
> >
> > Always willing to learn something new :)
> >

> I'm a big fan of calling Java from RPG, and use it
> regularly with
> great success... both in batch and interactive jobs.
>
> Some areas where I'm using it in production include
> sending formatted
> email reports, service and customer notifications
> via email (using
> javamail and the apache velocity template engine). I
> also use it in
> mid level networking code as I find dealing with
> sockets in java to be
> much, much simpler than any c or RPG code I've come
> across.
>
> It's nice to be able to take advantage of many of
> Java's strong points
> from within RPG (such as XML parsing/building
> (JDOM), string handling
> and manipulation, regular expressions... I could go
> on...). I also
> find that prototyping on java standard library
> objects allows me to
> essentially extend the RPG language to fit my needs;
> no associative
> arrays in RPG, no problem, just prototype and
> instantiate a new Java
> collections object like a HashMap, viola! Simple
> custom class wrappers
> can be used to translate '400 data types to the java
> equivalents.
>
> One more point worth noting is that using java
> objects allows you to
> add some level of object oriented structure/support
> to your RPG code,
> which worked nicely for me in many situations.
>
> Cheers,
> Carl.
> --
> This is the Java Programming on and around the
> archives

A$HI$H