From: Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen
To: Java Programming on and around the iSeries / AS400
Subject: Re: Wrappering Sample for PrintObjectInputStream
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 22:28:57 +0100

davidson_l skrev den 15-02-2008 21:28:
Yes, that is exactly the problem-- I am just
beginning to learn java and started with the Infocenter
and the Java Toolbox, drilled down, found "Writing your
first IBM Toolbox for Java program"... got the "first
simple programming example" to run and don't know the
difference between it and the second one.

I am certain that they expect you to be a seasoned
Java>programmer to use the toolbox. I would suggest you go
few steps back, and learn the basics of Java first without
messing with all the AS/400 specifics.

Start with having a look at
http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/ which cover a lot
of ground, and I would recommend you take the "Trails
covering the basics" with a JDK and your favorite
text>editor on your PC before starting using Eclipse IDE's
for>this. Skip the Swing section though - you are most
likely
not to do gui's.

/Thorbjørn

--
This is the Java Programming on and around the iSeries /