I was interpreting the statement about the length of the string to mean
that the numeric value of the string was also passed as part of the DS. It
sounds like that is not the case.

Thanks,
Todd

"Michael Ryan"
<michaelrtr@gmail
.com> To
Sent by: "Java Programming on and around the
java400-l-bounces iSeries / AS400"
@midrange.com <java400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

01/08/2008 08:53 Subject
AM Re: data structure input parameter

Please respond to
Java Programming
on and around the
iSeries / AS400
<java400-l@midran
ge.com>

Numeric fields in a data structure are zoned by default, so they
shouldn't cause a problem. A data structure *is* a big string that can
be subdivided with an RPG definition. The length of the string is the
length of the data structure.