Kelly wrote:
How do we set the classpath?  We don't really want to use
the system's environment classpath because it is different than what we
need and it doesn't seem like a good idea to add a bunch of unless
classes & jars just to execute the single class.

You shouldn't need to modify the classpath at all to use Java in stored
procedures. The classes you need either need to be in the
/QIBM/UserData/OS400/SQLLib/Function directory (in the appropriate
subdirectories if part of a package) or in JAR files registered to the
database. To do that, you use a procedure called SQLJ.INSTALL_JAR and it makes
that JAR file available to all stored procedures or user defined functions. It
essentially adds the JAR to the database classpath, which is separate from the
system classpath.

Do a search on Google or IBM's site for the "IBM Developer Kit for JAVA" pdf.
There's a section called "Java SQL routines" that will tell you everything you
need to know about getting started.
They are intended for the named recipient(s) only.
If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager or
the
sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to anyone or make copies.

** eSafe scanned this email for viruses, vandals and malicious content. **