From: java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of RPower@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: May 4, 2006 10:18
To: Java Programming on and around the iSeries / AS400
Subject: Re: Connection Pooling

Ok,
I've done some reading and stuff on how to handle database records and I think
I got it now, but I want someone to verify my thoughts.
Instead of accessing my result sets and record processing through the servlets,
because they are multithreaded, I'm better off creating a DAO class for each
table and using instantiated classes of that because instantiated classes are
thread safe yes?  My code follows for a simple servlet that saves a new
softwareName.  Thus I shouldn't get two different threads changing the
variables in each one as it goes thru.  Thanks,