   Hi.

   A couple of suggestions

   FTP with a put and a rcmd with a CALL or a SBMJOB.
   Or a web upload with a write to an IFS-file and submit a job to the
   iSeries using the jt400 toolbox, where the job produces a logfile for the
   user to dowload when the batchjob is finished

   HTH.

   Rune
   Jake M wrote:

 Aaron,

 Would you please elaborate on this for me?

 I used it to allow "mass configuration" from an excel csv file to make it
 easier (more timely) for an admin to maintain the software I wrote.

 I have the same approach in place and the user perhaps could upload the file
 directly to IFS instead of the NT box. So, if the user could upload a
 correctly formatted spreadsheet to IFS through a web interface and then
 issue a command on the iSeries...that would be great!! heck, I could even
 make a .jsp file which could trigger off the iSeries command by clicking on
 the link...So, the main thing here would be how would I ensure that the user
 is uploading the correctly formatted data in the spreadsheet. I could make
 the user issue a command from iSeries(command to run a java app) and it will
 comeback unsuccessful with a message in qshell mode and then the user will
 know that something is wrong. What do you think about that?

 I appreciate all your help,

 cheers,

 Jake.

 HTH,
 Aaron Bartell

   --
   Vennlig hilsen
   Rune

   Mob:          91191733
   e-post:       rune@xxxxxxx
   Skype:        Ring meg paa Skype. Her ser du statusen min akkurat naa.
   Blink:        fattern

   Skaff deg Skype du ogsaa og ring meg gratis.