Michael,

Right now, I have a very similar approach in place. I am using the jxl api
to read from the spreadsheet and push the data onto the iSeries. I have a
DSN set up on my NT box where the jsp's and servlets are running. I use the
JDBC/ODBC bridge to read the data from the spreadsheet and then I am using
the jxl api to write to the iSeries. This approach is taking the users too
long...any modification which would save some time is most welcome..

cheers,

Jake.