>Does your app detect & deal with StaleConnectionExceptions correctly?

Define "correctly" <G>

No, but I was willing to take the hits in the app as the connections
expired -- it just kiss me that I have to down the other, unrelated,
applications on the same app server to deploy new functionality.

BTW, I believe you can tell the connection pool to validate the
connections before they're returned to you in 5.1

-Walden

Walden H Leverich III
Tech Software
(516) 627-3800 x3051