Hey all,

I'm at my wits end...I need to have a flat physical file on our as400 be
put to a flat text file on the same 400...

I'm trying stuff in Java but I keep getting garbage in my .txt
file...here's my code:

public static void getEmployees() {
      try {
         IFSFileOutputStream fos = new IFSFileOutputStream(nal820,
"/HighJump/employees.txt");
         Writer out = new OutputStreamWriter(fos, "UTF8");
         CharacterFieldDescription employee = new
CharacterFieldDescription(new AS400Text(51, nal820), "EMPLOYEE");
         RecordFormat hjemptRF = new RecordFormat("RHJEMPT");
         hjemptRF.addFieldDescription(employee);
         QSYSObjectPathName fileName = new QSYSObjectPathName("ASCLIB",
"HJEMPT", "FILE");
         SequentialFile file = new SequentialFile(nal820,
fileName.getPath());
         file.setRecordFormat(hjemptRF);
         file.open(SequentialFile.READ_ONLY, 10,
SequentialFile.COMMIT_LOCK_LEVEL_NONE);
         Record data = file.readNext();
         while (data != null) {
            out.write((String)data.getField("EMPLOYEE") + "\r\n");
            data = file.readNext();
         }
              out.close();
      } catch (AS400SecurityException e) {
         e.printStackTrace();
      } catch (InterruptedException e) {
         e.printStackTrace();
      } catch (UnsupportedEncodingException e) {
         e.printStackTrace();
      } catch (FileNotFoundException e) {
         e.printStackTrace();
      } catch (java.beans.PropertyVetoException e) {
         e.printStackTrace();
      } catch (IOException e) {
         e.printStackTrace();
      } catch (AS400Exception e) {
         e.printStackTrace();

every time I run this and open employees.txt, it's garbage...is there a
certain CCSID I should use or am I going about this completely wrong?

Shane