Javascript is a browser client-side script that wouldn't be accessible from an RPG program.

You can, however, put a URL link on a 5250 screen and it will launch a browser session.

I think iSeries Access and Mochasoft *might* do this seamlessly. tn5250j definitely does.

The URL would be the complete path to your page containing the javascript.

That would be one approach, at least.

Pete Helgren

Jack Williams wrote:

I am very new to JAVA.  I have a java script that accepts a parameter that
is a url and does an window.open with many parameters.  The script works
fine inside a html document.  I'd like to call this 'function' from an RPGLE
program.  This will allow me to open a url in internet explorer from a green
screen application controlling the window.  I don't know of any way to call
a javascript.  I've tried to move it to a .java object on the 400 and
compile it.  While I can compile and execute the 'helloworld' example on the
400, I can't get the syntax right for this small function.

ANY HELP would be appreciated.

Here is the html source with the javascript in it.

<head>

<script type="text/javascript">

function open_win(theurl)

{

window.open(theurl,"_blank","toolbar=no, location=no, directories=no,
status=no, menubar=no, scrollbars=no, resizable=no, copyhistory=yes,
left=10, width=760, height=360");

}

</script>

</head>