You can also try the following in a CL program,

DCL        VAR(&JDK)       TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(05) VALUE('1.2')  (or whatever
value you require.

RUNJVA     CLASS('MyClass') +
             PROP((java.version &JDK))

Depending on the OS/400 version you are running, the system defaults to
specific JDKs, unless you override the defaults. Look up the Information
Centre for more information.
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/html/as400/infocenter.html

If you want to set a system wide JDK, you can create a file called
SystemDefault.properties in /QIBM/UserData/Java400 and add in this line
java.version=1.2

regards

James O'Sullivan
Senior Technical Consultant
email: josulli4@xxxxxxx
Office: +44 1252 536681
Fax: +44 1252 534022
www: www.csc.com
Based at: Tower 2, Floor 2, Royal Pavilion, Wellesley Road, Aldershot,
Hampshire, GU11 1PZ

CSC Corporation Limited: No. 1812179.
All registered office addresses: Royal Pavilion, Wellesley Road, Aldershot,
Hampshire, GU11 1PZ. Registered in England.

for such purpose.

                      Ashish Kulkarni

                      <kulkarni_ash1312               To:      Java Programming
on and around the iSeries / AS400
                      @yahoo.com>                     <java400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

                      Sent by:                        cc:

                      java400-l-bounces+josul         Subject: Re: What JVM
gets invoked
                      li4=csc.com

                      29/07/2005 16:31

                      Please respond to Java

                      Programming on and

                      around the iSeries /

                      AS400

Hi
you can use command
java -Djava.version=1.4
 to make sure that jdk1.4 is called, i am not sure how
you can do it from RPG, but in CL i do the following
SBMJOB     CMD(QSH CMD('java -Djava.version=1.4
MyClass')) JOB('myname') +
             JOBQ(MAPSSBSQ) OUTQ(MAPSSBSOUT)

Ashish

--- "Anand, Rajesh" <Rajesh_Anand@xxxxxx> wrote:

> Folks,
>
>            I've JDK1.2 & JDK1.4.2 installed on the iSeries.
>
>            I've a java pgm that runs out of RPG.
>
>            How does the system know what JVM to invoke and
> more importantly
> can I control this programmatically.
>
>            regards,
>
> Rajesh Anand
> Email:Rajesh_anand@xxxxxx

> If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail,
> please notify the sender, delete it and do not read,
> act upon, print, disclose, copy, retain or
> redistribute it. Click here for important additional
> terms relating to this e-mail.
> http://www.ml.com/email_terms/

> archives

A$HI$H