    Hi Chad,

> If I open up the SystemDefault.properties file, it displays
> funky characters.

    Not sure how you are opening it.  Remember that IFS text files are
typically ASCII, and in the case of Java .properties files, ISO 8859-1
encoded.

    For small changes I use WRKLNK.  Use option 5 to navigate to the desired
directory.  Once you see the file you want to change, *make a backup copy*,
then use option 2 to edit it and save the changes.

    For larger changes, I usually *make a backup copy*, ftp to a PC, make
changes with a text editor and ftp back.  HTH,

                                                         Joe Sam

Joe Sam Shirah -        http://www.conceptgo.com
conceptGO       -        Consulting/Development/Outsourcing
Java Filter Forum:       http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/java/
Just the JDBC FAQs: http://www.jguru.com/faq/JDBC
Going International?    http://www.jguru.com/faq/I18N
Que Java400?            http://www.jguru.com/faq/Java400