Is anybody aware of a thread limit within OS/400, specifically V5R3?

We are getting some messages to the effect of:

"Warning: The minimum threads exceed the global thread limit, meaning that the
global limit will be exceeded."

Later we have some application problems and see messages to the effect of a
thread not being available:

"WARN!! No thread for
com.myco.services.pshttp.jetty.ConduitStreamListener$1@ac0be11d"

Not sure yet exactly where these messages originate, that is, Jetty, IBM, etc,
what layer of code.

I have considered the activity level of the subsystem, but it is already set
quite high and we are not seeing any transitions  to the ineligible state, so I
am at a loss for where a "thread limit" is being imposed. I have perused the
sysvals, but don't see anything there.

I have not encountered this "global thread limit" before and would greatly
appreciate hearing from anyone who has.

Thanks in advance,
-Marty