Hi
we have been doing this kind of stuff also, we need to
create Purchase Order PDF files and email them to
verndors, so RPG program write this info in a message
queue, a java program is listening to this queue,(we
have a seperate subsystem for running this java
program)
as soon as it get message, this listening program
creates a thread which creates PDF file, emails it and
then is killed.
Ashish