I'm going to assume you've used IBM's Java Toolbox for the AS/400 (known
as JT400 or JTOpen, depending on which version you have).  If so, you've
used the com.ibm.as400.access.AS400 class, which basically allows a Java
program to access an AS/400 or iSeries host.  Once you create an AS400
object, you can then use it to access the rest of the host objects.  For
example, the ProgramCall class allows you to call a program, while the
AS400KeyedFile class allows access to keyed files.

I'm not 100% sure of the sequence of events, but when you create an
AS400 object and then use it to call a program using the ProgramCall
class, what happens under the covers is that JTOpen submits a job named
QZRCSRVS for you.  This job actually calls the program, and communicates
back to the Java application.

What I do is create a single AS400 object for my session, and then use
it to create all of my ProgramCall objects.  That way, they'll all run
under the same QZRCSRVS job.  This means that not only can I access the
QTEMP library for the QZRCSRVS job, I can change the library list and
even execute overrides.  Pretty cool stuff.

Be warned: there are (or at least there used to be) circumstances under
which you may not get the same QZRCSRVS job for all of your ProgramCall
objects.  However, I have not run across that in a long time, and as
long as you use the same AS400 object for all your ProgramCalls, you
should be fine.

Joe