Thanks Joe,

Happy holidays to all.

Joe Pluta wrote:

From: Lim Hock-Chai

I've always wonder what should be posted to this mailing list. From

your

reply, seems like I should only use this list when using toolbox for
AS400.

I guess the following should not be posted here:
1) General Java programming question. (for example: How Serializable
interface work?)
2) Web programming using java. (for example: Tomacat gives me an

error

when trying to deploy JSP?)

Lim, I am the moderator of this list. If I haven't said anything about a post, you can assume that I find it acceptable, and really it's my opinion that counts (and David Gibbs', of course, because he runs ALL of these mailing lists).

I think Franco's post wasn't meant to be insulting, but instead was
meant to point out what several others have said: Rajesh's question
shows a lack of general Java knowledge that would be better served on
some of the general Java forums, like Sun's or JavaRanch.

That being said, Rajesh can feel free to post any Java-related questions
here (it's not like this list is overflowing with traffic and filling
anyone's mailbox).  However, most of us who program Java for the iSeries
probably don't have a lot of time to answer beginning questions.  We're
more likely to answer questions related to our areas of expertise, which
will probably be iSeries-related.

In any case, if someone on the list has a problem with someone else's
post, I'd prefer you bring it to my attention - email me directly -
rather than correcting them in the list.  Given the multi-national
nature of the list, even well-meaning posts can be misunderstood and in
any event they clutter the bandwidth.

Joe Pluta
Moderator
Java400-L

*** This messages was scanned for malicious contents ***
Franco Biaggi
CH-6807 Taverne