From: Anand, Rajesh
Sent: 16 December 2004 09:17
To: 'Java Programming on and around the iSeries / AS400'
Subject: RE: Sending XML using HTTp server from as400

        Hi Magne,

        Thanks for your reply.

        What are the implication of opening iSeries to web traffic and
how this can be done(this is purely for my knowledge)?

        I need to understand how your program works.

        My understanding is that a HTTP client is invoked from the
iSeries and searches for the ip address from www.fs.gov.uk

        Once the ip address is obtained the client then sets up a socket
connection to the web site hosting this service.

        The client then presumably issues a GET message, similar to FTP
msg, to download files etc etc.

        Can you please confirm/reject my theory as appropriate.

        Regards,

Rajesh Anand
Email:Rajesh_anand@xxxxxx