Hi,

the ResultSetBuilder is located in jdom-contrib.jar

import org.jdom.contrib.input.*;

You also need a couple of exceptions:
catch (IOException e) {

        }
catch (SQLException e) {

        }

Best regards,
Magne

Rajesh,

For a start, type names in Java begin with an upper case
letter.  So
public crtxmldoc(connection c)
needs to be
public crtxmldoc(Connection c)

and
public static void main(string args[]){

needs to be
public static void main(String args[]){

That solves a couple of the problems.  I couldn't get much
further since I
don't have all the org.jdom JAR files, but given that it
cannot find
ResultSetBuilder I suspect you have import statements
missing.  If you were
using WSAD or Eclipse you can just right click and
do 'Organize Imports'
and it'll work them out for you.

Hope this helps,

Nigel Gay.
Computer Patent Annuities.

|         |           "Anand, Rajesh"    |
|         |           <Rajesh_Anand@xxxxx|
|         |           m>                 |
|         |           Sent by:           |
|         |           java400-l-bounces@m|
|         |           idrange.com        |
|         |           30/11/2004 11:17 AM|
|         |           Please respond to  |
|         |           Java Programming on|
|         |           and around the     |
|         |           iSeries / AS400    |
---------------------------------------------------|

 |       To:       "Java Programming on and around the
iSeries / AS400" <java400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                |

cc:

 |       Subject:  RE: Error creating java
object

---------------------------------------------------|

            Why is the following code not compiling...

            Can someone view it and tell me their reasons.
I've listed the
errors  below the code.

            Thanks for all your help...

package demo;

import java.io.IOException;
import java.sql.*;
import java.text.*;
import java.io.*;
import java.util.*;

import org.jdom.input.SAXBuilder;
import org.jdom.output.XMLOutputter;
import org.jdom.output.*;
import org.jdom.*;

public class crtxmldoc{
public crtxmldoc(connection c)
throws JDOMException, IOException, SQLException {
Statement stmt = c.createStatement();
ResultSet rs   = stmt.executeQuery("select * from
SPANAND/LNAFGBP");
ResultSetBuilder builder = new ResultSetBuilder(rs);

Document doc = builder.build();

pw = new printWriter(new BufferedWriter(new
FileWriter("/java/demo/test.xml")));
XMLOutputter ouputter = new XMLOutputter();

Outputter.output(doc, pw);

pw.flush();

pw.close();

 }

public static void main(string args[]){

DriverManager.registerDriver(new
com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDriver());

// create AS400 connection

Connection c = DriverManager.getConnection
("jdbc:as400://myas400;date
format= iso", "xxx", "xxx");
try {

crtxmldoc xmlfile = new crtxmldoc(c);

c.close();

    }

catch (JDOMException e) {

And Now the errors.........................

javac /java/xml/crtxmldoc.java

/java/xml/crtxmldoc.java:29: Identifier expected.

public static void main(string args[]){

             ¢

/java/xml/crtxmldoc.java:29: 'class' or 'interface' keyword
expected.

public static void main(string args[]){

              ¢

/java/xml/crtxmldoc.java:15: Class demo.connection not
found.

public crtxmldoc(connection c)

       ¢

/java/xml/crtxmldoc.java:17: Class demo.connection not found
in
demo.crtxmldoc(demo.connection).
Statement stmt = c.createStatement();

                                  ¢

/java/xml/crtxmldoc.java:19: Class demo.ResultSetBuilder not
found.

¢

java/xml/crtxmldoc.java:19: Class demo.ResultSetBuilder not
found.

ResultSetBuilder builder = new ResultSetBuilder(rs);

                              ¢

java/xml/crtxmldoc.java:21: Undefined variable: pw

pw = new printWriter(new BufferedWriter(new
FileWriter("/java/demo/test.xml")));
¢

java/xml/crtxmldoc.java:21: Class demo.printWriter not
found.

pw = new printWriter(new BufferedWriter(new
FileWriter("/java/demo/test.xml")));
        ¢

java/xml/crtxmldoc.java:23: Undefined variable or class
name: Outputter

Outputter.output(doc, pw);

¢

java/xml/crtxmldoc.java:24: Undefined variable or class
name: pw

pw.flush();

¢

/java/xml/crtxmldoc.java:25: Undefined variable or class
name: pw
pw.close();
¢
11 errors