>Our RPG programs are making increasing use of Java classes, so I'd like to
>be able to introduce new java code as effortlessly as possible.
>There are only two different classpath configurations required - one for
>developers, and another for all other users.
>
>How are other sites managing classpaths and directories for jar files?

I guess I should outline what I'm currently doing:
- any RPG program that wants to use Java classes calls a procedure
'setClassPath' which sets the environment value CLASSPATH. This is good
because it means the classpath is set differently for developers and all
other users (the code within setClassPath is able to determine whethwer
it's a development or production environment). But it's also bad because 1)
once the JVM is started, all subsequent calls to setClassPath are
ineffective  2) developers aren't always remembering to code the call 3)
everytime I want to evaluate a new Java extension it means code changes and
re-compilations.

Obviously there are more bads than goods with this approach. Your thoughts
appreciated.

Regards,
John