Robert Upshall wrote:

> I am trying to prototype a java methods and I have some questions:
>
> Example:
>
> I have 2 classes, MyClassA and ThatClassB.  ThatClassB has a method
> someMethod(MyClassA myClass[]).  I have MyClassA and ThatClassB
> prototyped.
>
>   1. How do I prototype the someMethod so that it accepts an array.
>
>   2. How do I define a field to be an array MyClass[].
>
>   3. How do I instantiate the array field from 2.

For the prototype, define the parameter as an array of objects.  If you
will always pass the same size array, use that size for the prototype's
DIM keyword; otherwise use the maximum (32767) and options(*varsize).

For the array, just define the object type with the Dim keyword.  Then
instantiate each element the usual way.

D someMethod        pr         extproc(*java:'ThatClassB':'someMethod')
D   myClass                o   class(*java:'MyClassA')
D                              dim(32767)
D                              options(*varsize)

D   myArr           s      o   class(*java:'MyClassA')
D                              dim(whatever)

D newMyClassA       pr     o   extproc(*java:'MyClassA':*constructor)
D   parms...
:
:
   myArr(1) = newMyClassA (parms);
   someMethod (myArr);

If you haven't already read the Java section in chapter 10 of the ILE
RPG Programmer's Guide, I recommend you do.  There's a table of type
equivalents.