Ivan,

Take a look at the Tomcat job itself (QP0ZSPWT) and look at the
individual threads that are running. The threads that service user
requests should run at a priority that is close to your interactive
work. I believe that they run at base + 6. If your interactive is 20,
you might try 12 or 14. I generally go interactive -2 because the
database work runs in another job (QSQSRVR) that I match to interactive.
This seems to compete well with interactive.

David Morris

>>> iva030@xxxxxxxxx 6/4/2004 8:49:35 AM >>>
I'm running Tomcat 4.1.29 on a V5R2 iSeries machine,
and have received complaints from a few other RPG
developers that the Tomcat app was running with too
high a priority. After looking into it, we noticed
that the Catalina.sh script (which we got with the
download) was starting the app with Interactive
Priority = 6. We bumped it down to 20, but the app is
SLOW now!

So my questions are... Does anyone know why the
Catalina script defaults the Interactive Priority to
6? Has anyone adjusted that?... to what and why? Is
there an accepted value?

See below for the script section that defines the
priority...

# For OS400
if $os400; then
  # Set job priority to standard for interactive
(interactive - 6) by using
  # the interactive priority - 6, the helper threads
that respond to requests
  # will be running at the same priority as
interactive jobs.
  COMMAND='chgjob job('$JOBNAME') runpty(6)'
  system $COMMAND

  # Enable multi threading
  export QIBM_MULTI_THREADED=Y
fi