Ashish,

Correct.  This was added at v5r2, you can't use it before that.

Also, check out the ROWID.
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/iseries/v5r2/ic2924/info/sqlp/rbafymst80.htm

Also an important note.  It is possible that the generated numbers are not
sequential.  I haven't yet found the link with more info, but basically the
sequence can skip values if multiple jobs are inserting into the same table.
For performance reasons, the DB reserves a block of numbers for a given job
doing inserts.

HTH,
Charles