Jay

Send us your Java source and your SQL CREATE statement. Maybe we can find the problem.

By the way it seemed like I had to sign-off and on after making changes to my Java class to see my changes during development.

Thanx, PLA

Himes, Jay wrote:

I tried creating a function based on the ones Patrick sent; however, now I
get the error below. I suspect there is a log somewhere that would give me more details but I
have no idea where to look. Does anyone have any ideas?

Message ID . . . . . . : CPF503E Severity . . . . . . . : 30

Message type . . . . . : Diagnostic

Date sent . . . . . . : 04/02/04 Time sent . . . . . . :
13:44:01

Message . . . . : User-defined function error on member NAMMSP.

Cause . . . . . : An error occurred while invoking user-defined function

SYSDOWN in library LBUCMUSR. The error occurred while invoking the

associated external program or service program s!getsysst in library

storedproc, program entry point or external name ate. The error occurred
on member NAMMSP file NAMMSP in library LBUCMFIL. The error code is 1. The

error codes and their meanings follow:

1 -- The external program or service program returned SQLSTATE 42724.
The text message returned from the program is:
LBUCMUSR.SYSDOWNSYSDOWNget .

2 -- The external program failed before it completed.

    3 -- The database timed out waiting for the program to return. The
timeout

More...
Message ID . . . . . . :   CPF503E       Severity . . . . . . . :   30

Message type . . . . . : Diagnostic

value used by the database was 0 minutes and 30 seconds.

4 -- The external program no longer exists or is not found.

   5 -- One of the input parameters of the function had a data mapping
error.
   For an external program, the program entry point displayed will be *N.

Recovery . . . : For error codes 1 and 2, determine the cause of the
error from either the SQLSTATE or a previously listed message.

   For error code 3, either increase the timeout limit using the QAQQINI
file
 setting or determine why the external program or service program did not

return in the time allotted.

For error code 4, ensure the program or service program exists for the

duration of the query.

For error code 5, determine the cause of the data mapping error.

Try the request again.

More... Message ID . . . . . . : CPF503E Severity . . . . . . . : 30

Message type . . . . . : Diagnostic

Refer to the DB2 UDB for iSeries SQL Programming topic in the
Information Center book, http://www.iseries.ibm.com/infocenter for more information on

user-defined functions.

Possible choices for replying to message . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :

C -- The request is canceled.

I -- The request is ignored.