> You have a problem.  I can call a program hundreds of times a second,
> and that's from my PC to my little model 270.  I included the RPG
> program, the Java program and the results at the end of this post.

CODE FOR EXAMPLE:

Program SB0001 in library SANDBOX

d xidata          ds
d   counter                      5  0
d xwcount         s              5  0

C     *entry        plist
C                   parm                    xidata            5
C                   eval      xwcount = xwcount + 1
C                   eval      counter = xwcount
C                   return

Java class CallSB0001

public class CallSB0001 {

        private static AS400Text at5 = new AS400Text(5);

        public static void main(String[] args)
                throws Exception
        {
                AS400 sys = new AS400();

                ProgramCall pc = new ProgramCall(
                        new AS400(),
                        "/QSYS.LIB/SANDBOX.LIB/SB0001.PGM",
                        new ProgramParameter[] {
                                new ProgramParameter(5)
                        });

                SimpleDateFormat sdf = new
SimpleDateFormat("hh:mm:ss.SSS");

                for (int x = 0; x < 100; x++)
                {
                        pc.run();
                        String data = (String)

at5.toObject(pc.getParameterList()[0].getOutputData());
                        String date = sdf.format(new Date());
                        System.out.println(date + " " + data);
                }

                sys.disconnectAllServices();