Dieter,

Thanks for the response...

You mentioned that "as400 with WebSphere might be not
the best choice"... why not and what do you recommend?

I am designing a server-side app, using Struts, JSP,
Servlets, and most probably I will use Stateful
Session EJB's to manage threads, sessions, and state,
and use CMP Entity EJB's for database access. Since I
plan to use EJB's to avoid coding system level
functionality like connection pooling, session/state
management, threading, etc., I would be forced to use
a J2EE server for EJB's. That's why I was looking into
opensource jBoss temporarily until we purchase a new
as400 with Websphere Enterprise Server.

I know I'm repeating the question, but... What would
you recommend?

Thanks!